Ruby substitute for Miro?

Philip Rhoades

People,

I have had a number of hassles with Miro - mostly to do with trying to
sort out problems by looking at the sqlite DB directly but it has
crashed so thoroughly now I want to replace it with a Ruby program. I
have written a little script which can look at the Miro download
directories and allow me to select a video file and play it with a
system call using mplayer. Of course there would be a lot of other
things to do before it could replace Miro but before I start hacking -
has anyone else been looking at something like this or thinking about it?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Thomas Preymesser

2009/7/14 Philip Rhoades said:
People,

I have had a number of hassles with Miro - mostly to do with trying to sort
out problems by looking at the sqlite DB directly but it has crashed so
thoroughly now I want to replace it with a Ruby program.

great idea. maybe with an fxruby GUI?

-Thomas

--
Thomas Preymesser