Ruby version release history

Rick DeNatale

I was trying to find a list of ruby versions and when they were released.

All my google tricks seemed to fail me.

I tried to suss it out from the Ruby svn repository but there seems to
be a block hole event horizon at 3 years back, every old tag seems to
just say it was three years ago.

Is there a list somewhere on the inter webs that anyone knows of?

--
Rick DeNatale

Intransition

YYYY MM/DD | version
-----------+------------
1993 02/24 | Ruby birthday
1995 12/21 | 0.95
1996 12/25 | 1.0-961225
1997 12/25 | 1.0-971225
1998 07/17 | 1.1c0
1998 07/24 | 1.1c1
1998 08/11 | 1.1c2
1998 08/27 | 1.1c3
1998 09/03 | 1.1c4
1998 09/08 | 1.1c5
1998 10/05 | 1.1c6
1998 11/09 | 1.1c7
1998 11/19 | 1.1c8
1998 11/26 | 1.1c9
1998 12/25 | 1.2
1999 01/11 | 1.2.1
1999 01/12 | 1.2.1
1999 01/21 | 1.2.2
1999 02/16 | 1.2.3
1999 04/09 | 1.2.4
1999 04/13 | 1.2.5
1999 06/21 | 1.2.6
1999 08/13 | 1.4.0
1999 09/16 | 1.4.1
1999 09/17 | 1.4.2
1999 12/07 | 1.4.3
2000 04/14 | 1.4.4
2000 06/23 | 1.4.5
2000 08/16 | 1.4.6
2000 09/19 | 1.6.0
2000 09/27 | 1.6.1
2000 12/25 | 1.6.2
2001 03/20 | 1.6.3
2001 06/04 | 1.6.4
2001 09/19 | 1.6.5
2001 12/26 | 1.6.6
2002 03/01 | 1.6.7
2002 12/24 | 1.6.8
2003 08/04 | 1.8.0
2003 12/25 | 1.8.1
2004 12/25 | 1.8.2
2005 09/21 | 1.8.3
2005 12/24 | 1.8.4
2006 08/25 | 1.8.5

I miss the old ways.

Robert Klemme

2010/3/2 Urabe Shyouhei said:
One little trick is to see the FTP site, where you can see the creation t= ime of
=A0each tar.gz files. =A0Anyway here you are an exhaustive list of Ruby's= release
dates (in Japanese timezone):

Wow, this is an impressive list!
YYYY MM/DD | version
1993 02/24 | Ruby birthday

Btw, which release was Ruby Tuesday? ;-)

Kind regards

robert

--=20
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/