Ruby, Windows, GTK2, and Microsoft Installer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by adam@spatialsystems.org, Sep 27, 2009.

  1. Guest

    I have to make my first GUI application that will be installed in
    Windows XP and have the usual kind of installer most Windows users
    usually use. =20

    I can make the app with GTK2, Perl, Komodo IDE, and ActiveStates PerlDev
    Kit and it will make a nice installer. However I'd like to use Ruby.

    If I make my application in Ruby I can use rubyscript2exe to make a
    stand-alone executable as detailed here:=20
    http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?tips_rubyscript2exe

    My Question: How can I make an exectuable but create a nice installer
    that packages everything up like PerlDev Kit? Is there a Ruby utility
    that works like rubyscript2exe but makes a windows installer for
    non-computer-savy end users?

    Thanks,
    Adam

    , Sep 27, 2009

  2. Roger Pack Guest

    > My Question: How can I make an exectuable but create a nice installer
    > that packages everything up like PerlDev Kit? Is there a Ruby utility
    > that works like rubyscript2exe but makes a windows installer for
    > non-computer-savy end users?

    You have asked a question that might have an answer on my FAQ.
    http://wiki.github.com/rogerdpack/ruby_faq
    HTH.
    -r

    Roger Pack, Sep 28, 2009