ruby1.9 on windows

Guilherme

hello, my first post here :D

Here, ruby1.8 runs great on Windows. I'm able to compile & develop
some extensions, play with gems. Anyway, doing usual things ...

However I'm not really getting on well with ruby 1.9.

First, rubygems is installing gems into a weird directory "C:\LAN...".
The most interesting part is that when requiring a gem, it looks for
"C:\ruby\lib\gem\...." instead of "C:LAN...". Ok, I managed to solve
this by just changing the --install-dir to the appropriate path. Now
rubygems apparently runs gracefully.

Second, I'm trying to compile some libs of mine (which BTW use
extensions)

"mkmf can find header files for ruby at C:/ruby1.9/lib/ruby/include/
ruby.h"

I've placed all the necessary files into C:/ruby1.9/lib/ruby/include
and it still doesn't find them.

Just to make sure:

ruby -v
ruby 1.9.0 (2007-12-25 revision 14709) [i386-mswin32]

Thanks,

[...]

After a while I decided to give it another try.

I've tweaked a little bit the rbconfig.rb and mkmf.rb. Looks like I'm
now able to compile extensiosn again.

Thanks,