RubyGems Statistics

James Edward Gray II

I'm giving a Ruby introduction speech at the local university this
month and would like to include some RubyGems data. Is there
somewhere I can see statistics about how many gems are in the system,
how many people have downloaded RubyGems, and how many gems have been
served?

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

Jim Menard

I'm giving a Ruby introduction speech at the local university this
month and would like to include some RubyGems data. Is there
somewhere I can see statistics about how many gems are in the system,
how many people have downloaded RubyGems, and how many gems have been
served?

http://gems.rubyforge.org/stats.html lists all of the gems and the
number of downloads for each.

Jim
--=20
Jim Menard, (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)
http://www.io.com/~jimm

Daniel Berger

Daniel said:
Except that there's something wrong with it. Scroll down to the bottom.
Notice all the dups? And they all start with "/" for some reason. And
some of the names appear to be mangled.

Regards,

Dan

NM - fixed.

Dan

Jim Weirich

James Edward Gray II said:
I'm giving a Ruby introduction speech at the local university this
month and would like to include some RubyGems data. Is there
somewhere I can see statistics about how many gems are in the system,
how many people have downloaded RubyGems, and how many gems have been
served?

There is also a sidebar on http://onestepback.org/ that monitors the 20
last gems that have been updated (an RSS feed for the sidebar is
http://onestepback.org/gemwatch.rss).

--=20
-- Jim Weirich (e-mail address removed) http://onestepback.org