rubygems-update and Mac OS X 10.4.11

Une Bévue

I've done :
$ sudo gem install --local rubygems-update

getting:
Successfully installed rubygems-update-1.1.1
1 gem installed

however:
$ gem --version
1.1.0

same result if the attempt made with remotely available gem

what's wrong ?

Ryan Davis

I've done :
$ sudo gem install --local rubygems-update

getting:
Successfully installed rubygems-update-1.1.1
1 gem installed

however:
$ gem --version
1.1.0

same result if the attempt made with remotely available gem

what's wrong ?

nothing is wrong. it installed. now run it to update:

% sudo update_rubygems

Une Bévue

Ryan Davis said:
nothing is wrong. it installed. now run it to update:

% sudo update_rubygems

i got :
~%> sudo update_rubygems
Password:
Installing RubyGems 1.1.1
setup.rb:60: undefined method `ruby_version' for Gem:Module
(NoMethodError)
~%> gem --version
1.1.0

also i should mention when installing wxRuby i didn't got the lastest
version.

i had to uninstall it, download the gem to a local rep and do the
install locally :
$ gem install --local wxRuby

being in the gems local repository

it's a known prob from wxRuby mailing list...

Ryan Davis

i got :
~%> sudo update_rubygems
Password:
Installing RubyGems 1.1.1
setup.rb:60: undefined method `ruby_version' for Gem:Module
(NoMethodError)
~%> gem --version
1.1.0

hrm... how about:

% sudo gem update --system

?

the wxRuby issue is entirely separate from this and I'm not going to =20
address it in this thread (really, you should file a bug).