run a function in another processor in python

Astan Chee

Hi,
I've got a python script that calls a function many times with various
arguments and returns a result. What I'm trying to do is run this
function each on different processors and compile the result at the
end based on the function result. The script looks something like
this:

import time

def functionTester(num):
return ((num+2)/(num-2))**2

num_args = [1,2,3,7,12,16,19,35,36,37,38,55,56,57,63,44,71,81,91]

max_result = 0

start = time.time()

for n in num_args:
result = functionTester(n)
if result > max_result:
max_result = result

print "Result " + str(max_result)
end = time.time()
elapsed= end - start
print "Took", elapsed, "seconds to execute"

What I'm trying to do is run each function on a processor and when its
done, move on to the next function-argument specifically on windows 7
x64 using python 2.6. How do I do this?
Thanks for any help

News123

Hi,
I've got a python script that calls a function many times with various
arguments and returns a result. What I'm trying to do is run this
function each on different processors and compile the result at the
end based on the function result. The script looks something like
this:
You could look at the multiprocessing module of
pythonhttp://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html