run an asp app from a CD/DVD??

btopenworld

Can an ASP appication be run from a CD?

I have a site where users build an order for quotation from about 1000
products. This 'enquiry' order is emailed to the sales office and is
presented in printable form to the user. The web site would be quite
difficult to trim to fit a normal CD though of course a DVD would be OK.

We would like to be able to offer the same functionality on a CD/DVD that
could be sent out by post. Is there any way to do this. If so, some pointers
in the right direction would be most helpful.

Thanks John

Mark Schupp

I played with an older version about 18 months ago. At that time there were
some changes that had to be made to include code normally found in
global.asa and I would have had to play with my server-side components a
bit. I haven't tried the latest version. They have a free trial so why don't
you download a copy and see what happens with your site?

--
Mark Schupp
--

btopenworld said:
Thanks - sounds as if it may be what I am looking for. Do you know anyone
who has used this software? I particularly like the sound of the ActiveSite
Compiler.
John