run asp in frames

johng

I created an asp.net 2.0 application that uses session variables and a
query string to run. The application is called from several different
web site an always works fine when thier link opens the main page in a
new window or same window. I have a client who has developed thier
site with DreamWeaver and insist on running my application within a
fram in the current window. My application the produces the "Error in
Application \" Error.

Is there a way to make the ASP app run inside a frame running on
another server.

Andy

There's no problem with running an ASP.NET application from one server
within an iframe on a page that originated from another server.

But, there is a problem if the page or the ASP.NET website within the
iframe tries to talk to the other by passing values between scripts or
accessing each other's HTML objects.

This is called cross-scripting, and it is only allowed between the
contents of an iframe that originate from the same domain name as the
page with the iframe did; this is a security restriction imposed by
Internet Explorer that cannot be changed.

In the case of regular frames, there should be no problem in having one
frame display asp.net content while another displays non-asp content.