Run BAT file with ASP script [ERROR]

Josh

Here is the code in ftpRun.asp:

<%
set wshell = server.createobject("wscript.shell")
wshell.run "D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\new\josh\OFP
5995A\consistency\ftpRun.bat"
set wshell = nothing
Response.Write "Files Updated Successfully!"
%>

Here is the error I get when I run ftpRun.asp:

error '80070483'
No application is associated with the specified file for this
operation.
/new/josh/ofp 5995a/consistency/ftpRun.asp, line 4

Any ideas how to fix it? Any other ways to accomplish the same goal
on a NT4.0 machine without adding components?

Thanks,
Josh

Ray at

That's odd.

Try executing this at the command prompt on your server:

assoc .bat=batfile

Also, when you execute that, you can do:

"cmd.exe /c D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\new\josh\ofb5995A\consitency\ftpRun.bat"

Ray at work