Running aspx pages on 1&1, signed library and master pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carl Gilbert, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to get a site working with some 1&1 web space. I have the MS
    Business Pro account which has ASP.NET Support and SQL Server.

    I am trying to get an online gallery to work but I can not get the
    default.aspx page to load. I can not even get a really simple aspx page to
    load.
    Default page: http://www.gallerox.com/default.aspx
    When I try to load the page I get the following warning:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error

    With a few other lines stating how to turn off customErrors and how to
    display a custom error page. I have requested for the specified folder to
    be set to an application directory but this did not fix the problem.
    After some browsing I found the following page:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...8 "Server Error in '/' Application" 1&1&hl=en

    This page states that it could have something to do with the master page
    assembly and that the library is signed. Incidentally, I am trying to get
    nGallery to work just as the guy in the above link was trying to. One of
    the replies in the above link details how to resolve the problem by
    downloading the master pages from metaBuilder, removing the signing from the
    project, recompiling it and then presumably uploading the bin directory back
    onto the server from the local machine.

    Could anyone tell me what signing is, in this context, and what the
    metaBuilder master pages might be doing? Also, I looked on the
    http://www.metabuilder.net/ but I could not find any master pages.

    Regards, Carl Gilbert
    Carl Gilbert, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert Guest

    I have found the master pages that I think I need on
    http://www.metabuilders.com/
    Still don't know what to do with them though :)

    Regards, Carl

    Carl Gilbert, Jul 8, 2005