Running aspx pages on 1&1, signed library and master pages

Carl Gilbert

Hi

I am trying to get a site working with some 1&1 web space. I have the MS
Business Pro account which has ASP.NET Support and SQL Server.

I am trying to get an online gallery to work but I can not get the
default.aspx page to load. I can not even get a really simple aspx page to
load.
Default page: http://www.gallerox.com/default.aspx
When I try to load the page I get the following warning:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error

With a few other lines stating how to turn off customErrors and how to
display a custom error page. I have requested for the specified folder to
be set to an application directory but this did not fix the problem.
After some browsing I found the following page:
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...8+"Server+Error+in+'/'+Application"+1&1&hl=en

This page states that it could have something to do with the master page
assembly and that the library is signed. Incidentally, I am trying to get
nGallery to work just as the guy in the above link was trying to. One of
the replies in the above link details how to resolve the problem by
downloading the master pages from metaBuilder, removing the signing from the
project, recompiling it and then presumably uploading the bin directory back
onto the server from the local machine.

Could anyone tell me what signing is, in this context, and what the
metaBuilder master pages might be doing? Also, I looked on the
http://www.metabuilder.net/ but I could not find any master pages.

Regards, Carl Gilbert