Running compiled windows service python script

Aspersieman

Hi All

I have a windows service (attached file). I basically just calls another
script every 60 seconds. I can install, start and stop this service as
expected with:
ParseMailboxService.py install | start | stop

The problem is: if I create an exe of this script (all required modules
are included in the exe) with gui2exe (a frontend to py2exe) I can
install the service - but not start it. The error it returns is "Error
starting service: The service did not respond to the start or control
request in a timely fashion."

Is there something I need to additionally include in the compiled exe? I
have manually included the following modules:
* servicemanager
* win32con
* win32evtlogutil
* win32serviceutil

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards

Nicol

--

The three things to remember about Llamas:
1) They are harmless

Mike Driscoll

[...]

 ParseMailBoxService.py
2KDownload

I recommend re-posting to the PyWin32 user's group and possibly the
py2exe group.

Alternatively, you can check these links out that are about creating
Windows Services in Python:

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/09/running-python-script-as-windows.html
http://essiene.blogspot.com/2005/04/python-windows-services.html
http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html