Py2exe + PythonCard compiled script crashes

Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey all, as the thread title suggests, I am having some problems with compiling a script into a native windows executable. Basically, I can compile and run just fine if I do not use the bundle option. However, upon activating the bundle option, the program will crash with a non-descript error (i.e. [program] "has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.") Basically I would like to know why this happens and if there is any known way to fix it, or if I am doomed to distribute my application with ~15 extra files? Here's the setup script if it helps (I doubt it):

Code:
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
import sys
import os

filename = "File.py"

if filename.endswith(".py"):
    distribution = "File"
elif filename.endswith(".pyw"):
    distribution = filename[:-4]

if len(sys.argv) == 1:
    sys.argv.append("py2exe")
    sys.argv.append("-q")
includes=[]
for comp in ['button','image','staticbox',\
            'statictext','textarea','textfield','passwordfield','bitmapcanvas',\
             'radiogroup','choice','checkbox']:
    includes += ['PythonCard.components.'+comp]

pycard_resources=["File.rsrc.py"]
for filename in os.listdir('.'):
    if filename.find('.rsrc.')>-1:
        pycard_resources+=[filename]
dest_file = "File"  # Final name of .exe file
dest_folder = "Folder"
opts = { 'py2exe': { 'includes':includes,
                     "compressed": 1,
                     "optimize": 2,
                     "bundle_files": 1,
                     "ascii": 1,
                     "dist_dir": dest_folder,}}

setup(name='File',
    version='1.0',
    url='about:none',
    author='HuFlungDu',
    package_dir={'blarg':'.'},
    packages=['blarg'],
    data_files=[('.',pycard_resources)],
    console=['File.py'],
    options=opts,
    zipfile = None,
    )

Then I run it with this in a BAT file:

Code:
wx2exeZ.py py2exe --excludes=Image
@pause

I've looked around the net and haven't found any solutions to this problem, so I resorted to asking the question myself, hence this thread right here. Let me know if any additional info is required for you to understand my problem.

(Of possible note: I can assemble "Hello World" with bundled files, it's just when I use python card that it has problems)

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: If there is no way to do this with py2exe, is there a better exe creator (such as pyinstaller) that would be able to do this for me? What would you recommend?

Last edited: