    Can someone please tell me how to run it with the <applet> tag.

    Thanks!

    Mike
    Mike, Jul 22, 2011

  2. Mike

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 7/22/2011 6:17 PM, Mike wrote:
    > Forgive this very basic question. I can't figure out how to run a java application using the<applet> tag on a web page. The program I'm trying to run is on http://www.programmersheaven.com/download/17849/download.aspx. That includes the source code and compiled code.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to run it with the<applet> tag.

    An app needs to be modified to run as an applet.

    Often the changes are trivial, but ...

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 22, 2011

  3. Mike

    markspace Guest

    On 7/22/2011 3:17 PM, Mike wrote:
    > Can someone please tell me how to run it with the<applet> tag.

    There are too many cases to cover for such a general question. You'll
    have to do some trouble shooting and tell us what the issue is.

    Here are some basics:

    <http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/applet/html.html>
    markspace, Jul 22, 2011
  4. Mike

    lewbloch Guest

    On Jul 22, 3:39 pm, markspace <-@.> wrote:
    > On 7/22/2011 3:17 PM, Mike wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone please tell me how to run it with the<applet>  tag.

    > There are too many cases to cover for such a general question. You'll
    > have to do some trouble shooting and tell us what the issue is.
    >
    > Here are some basics:
    >
    > <http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/applet/html.html>

    One key point is that applets must extend 'JApplet' (or 'Applet', but
    don't do that).
    <http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/applet/
    subclass.html>

    --