Running problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan T, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. Alan T

    Alan T Guest

    VWD 2010
    I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc.
    Set up a virtual directory under IIS.

    Open the browser for the main page.
    eg
    http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx

    Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents:

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that
    attribute names are case-sensitive.

    Source Error:

    Line 18: </connectionStrings>
    Line 19: <system.web>
    Line 20: <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    Line 21: <assemblies>
    Line 22: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

    Source File: C:\Temp\TestSite\web.config Line: 20

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614

    I checked Registry that I have already installed .NET framework and ASP .NET
    are both version 4.0.

    Why the last line at the bottom shows .NET framework version 2.xx?
    Alan T, Jul 7, 2010

  2. Alan T

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    On 7/6/2010 9:10 PM, Alan T wrote:
    > VWD 2010
    > I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc.
    > Set up a virtual directory under IIS.
    >
    > Open the browser for the main page.
    > eg
    > http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx
    >
    > Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents:
    >

    > Configuration Error
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that
    > attribute names are case-sensitive.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 18: </connectionStrings>
    > Line 19: <system.web>
    > Line 20: <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    > Line 21: <assemblies>
    > Line 22: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    >
    > Source File: C:\Temp\TestSite\web.config Line: 20

    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607;
    > ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614
    >

    > I checked Registry that I have already installed .NET framework and ASP .NET
    > are both version 4.0.
    >
    > Why the last line at the bottom shows .NET framework version 2.xx?

    Maybe, because you have not configured the IIS App Pool to use .Net
    Framework 4.0 and it's using 2.0?
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 7, 2010

  3. Alan T

    glademir Guest