Running SpecRuby under Cygwin

Ed Baker

Hello All,

If any of you are experimenting with SpecRuby,
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=specruby ,
here's a start up script I wrote to get it running
under cygwin on my machine.

I couldn't find a way to make this program run as a
straight up Windows app. But, all I do now is fire up
a cygwin command shell and type in "spectcl".

Look for the #-BEGIN and #-END markers in the code
snippet below to see what I changed.

Works for me.

Questions or comments on better startup techniques are
welcome.
#----------------- cut line ----------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# SpecTcl
# Copyright (c) 1994-1997 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
#
# See the file "license.txt" for information on usage and redistribution
# of this file, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES.
#
# SCCS: @(#) specTcl 1.9 97/06/26 10:06:06

# Change DIR to the directory that contains the SpecTcl source files
DIR=../SpecTcl

# Change WISH to the pathname of your tk4.1a2 (or >) wish binary
#-BEGIN -------------------------- inserts and changed Ed Baker 20030902
# original line ejb 20030902 WISH=/usr/local/bin/wish84.exe
# WISH=/cygdrive/c/bin/wish84.exe
WISH=/cygdrive/c/Tcl/bin/wish84.exe
### WISH=`which wish`
# add the following alias to your cygwin ".bash_profile"
# alias spectcl='cd /cygdrive/c/SpecTcl1_1_Ruby/bin;. spectcl.sh'
#-END ---------------------------- inserts and changed Ed Baker 20030902

env SPECTCL_DIR=$DIR $WISH $DIR/main.tk $@ &
echo "Starting SpecTcl 1.1"
echo "DIR=$DIR"