cygwin make does not execute command under XP

Michael

Hello,
I have a small problem running a make script under cygwin on a PC with
windows XP. The following script:

all:
@echo Creating ...
"c:/altera/quartus51/sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder" \
--update_classes_and_exit --no_splash -s \
--projectpath$(dir $(PTF)); \
[ $$? = 2 ]

I get the message that c:/altera/quartus51/sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder
can not be found, but it is there. When I modify the line, e.g. remove
the double quotes, the semicolon and some other stuff it works. The
problem it that this is just one line from a large development system
with hundreds of lines and I can not modify everything. Somehow it has
to work so I assume some setting problem. any advise is very welcome.
Many thans in advance,

Michael.

rudi.vankemmel

Hi Michael,

Although not lang c related here in short the problem:
Cygwin cannot directly access tools using the Windows path name. Two
1) use the cygpath utility for converting the Windows path to a path
understood by Cygwin. See man cygpath under cygwin.
2) mount the Windows path (only the directory) onto a Posix path name
(e.g. /mnt) and then you can access your tool as /mnt/sopc_builder ...

Rudi

Christopher Benson-Manica

Michael said:
I have a small problem running a make script under cygwin on a PC with
windows XP. The following script:

In addition to your other responses, Cygwin has several very active
mailing lists that would be ideal places for such questions in the
future. http://www.cygwin.com/lists.html