    options for doing this and how? I'm used to having my session state in
    ASP.NET. Any code samples would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!
    David Hearn, Aug 16, 2006

  2. David Hearn wrote:
    > I've been doing ASP.NET for the past few years and have gotten
    > spoiled and now find myself in a situation where I need to make some
    > changes to an old classic ASP page. The problem is that there is a VB
    > script function that populates an array. There are some dropdown
    > boxes on the page that cause the page to reload. When it does reload,
    > it causes the function that loads the array to fire again and I don't
    > want it to. I want to hold the original array and reuse it instead.
    > Again, being rusty in classic ASP, what are my options for doing this
    > and how? I'm used to having my session state in ASP.NET. Any code
    > samples would be greatly appreciated.

    Session state exists in classic ASP. Pretty much the same syntax is used
    as used in .Net. Just look at the msdn documentation if you need a
    refresher:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/2c40c3cf-90eb-41ca-ae2a-0ef33a651779.asp
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 16, 2006

  3. David Hearn

    David Hearn Guest

    Thanks Bob! I actually got it right after I posted. I am filling the array
    the first time and then just holding it in a session variable for the rest
    of the pages life.

    David Hearn, Aug 16, 2006