Safari display problems

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by CiriusMex, Aug 11, 2010.

  1. CiriusMex

    CiriusMex Guest

    Hello, my problem today is not directly linked to Ruby (well, don't
    think so at least). I'm developping a website using RubyOnRails
    framework. Everythings works just fine with IE and FF but in Safari
    some code is displayed, unpredictably and without any logic (sometimes
    the page is displayed correctly and as expected, sometimes a bit of
    code shows up and the page is kind of broken....).
    I can't figure out what the problem is. Tried to quit some javascripts
    in case it would be the problem but doesn't seems to change anything.
    The language of the browser seems to have an influence but I'm not
    sure neither....
    I don't have any clue about what the problem is and how to solve it.
    Any idea would be welcome.

    You can check those site using Safari, you will certainly find some
    part with code when, of course, it shouldn't be displayed:
    - http://sitiomac.polary.com.mx
    - http://funkymonkey.com.mx/timeout/home
    - http://pizarro.com.mx/pizarro

    Thanks for your help ^^

    CiriusMex, Aug 11, 2010

  2. CiriusMex

    Guest

    On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:09 PM, CiriusMex <> wrote:
    > Hello, my problem today is not directly linked to Ruby (well, don't
    > think so at least). I'm developping a website using RubyOnRails
    > framework. Everythings works just fine with IE and FF but in Safari
    > some code is displayed, unpredictably and without any logic (sometimes
    > the page is displayed correctly and as expected, sometimes a bit of
    > code shows up and the page is kind of broken....).
    > I can't figure out what the problem is. Tried to quit some javascripts
    > in case it would be the problem but doesn't seems to change anything.
    > The language of the browser seems to have an influence but I'm not
    > sure neither....
    > I don't have any clue about what the problem is and how to solve it.
    > Any idea would be welcome.

    You might have better luck in a different forum, but maybe these will help you:

    http://developer.apple.com/safari/l...afaridevelopertools/safaridevelopertools.html

    http://developer.apple.com/safari/l...e.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007874-CH8-SW2

    , Aug 11, 2010

  3. CiriusMex

    CiriusMex Guest

    Thank you, I'm gonna check it, and keep on looking for another forum
    as you said ;)

    CiriusMex, Aug 11, 2010
  4. Run the TinyMCE init when the document is ready jQuery(function($) { =
    TinyMCE.init(... so it won't randomly write script tags in your =
    document.

    Florian Aßmann, Aug 11, 2010
  5. CiriusMex

    CiriusMex Guest

    Seems to have solved the problem, thank you very much! It was driving
    me crazy!

    CiriusMex, Aug 11, 2010