Same Splash Screen on Any Device Possible?

Talal Itani

Dear Friends,

I am writing a J2ME application that starts with a Splash Screen. Is it
possible to check the resolution of the LCD and display an appropriate
graphics file? I will have multiple graphics files, one file for each
display resolution. Do you think this is a bad idea? Thanks.

Best Regards,
T.I.

Oliver Wong

Probably. See the source code at http://mobiledevtools.sourceforge.net/
I will have multiple graphics files, one file for each display
resolution. Do you think this is a bad idea? Thanks.

I think there are an infinite number of resolutions possible for J2ME
devices.

- Oliver

Andrew Thompson

I am writing a J2ME ..

There is only a small number of people who
are knowledgable of J2ME, and J2SE programmers
often 'presume' they know about it, when they
don't.

For that reason, it makes a lot of sense to
announce it is 'J2ME' in the subject/title
of a post, so you can get the attention of
the (few) J2ME experts.

Andrew T.