Problem: Capture screen returns black image on webserver

kris_scheyer

Ok, here's what im trying to do:
I have a machine running XP embedded that has a webserver. I have a
button on the aspx web form that is supposed to capture the screen of
the computer hosting the webserver and display it on the browser.

Now I already have the code that captures the screen of the webserver
(using user32.dll and gdi32.dll) and when I run the web application on
the ASP.NET Development Server using visual web developer 2005 beta the
web application captures the screen and displays that image on the web
form just like its supposed to.

The problem is when I try to run this web application in IIS on the XP
embedded machine it captures a black image allthough the size of the
image is always correct.

It's not likely that the XP embedded machine doesn't support some of
the functions I am trying to call from it's .dll files because:
1.) I'm not getting any error messages, simply a black picture with the
same dimensions as the screen's resolution
2.) I wrote a windows form application that captures the screen using
the exact same code as the one I'm trying to use in the web application
and this works perfectly, displaying the image in the window and saving
it to a file.

So it's unlikely that this problem has something to do with the code.
Whats strange is that the application runs just fine on the microsoft
asp.net developer server but doesnt work on the actual IIS server.
Everything else on the web application, like rebooting the web server
from the browser and accessing the web server's registry, works fine.
The web application runs on .net2.0 and is written in c#.

I'm really stuck on this one so if anyone out there has done something
similar or has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Kris