saving current asp to server

LC

Hi,

Many Weeks ago I posted this:
I would like to know how I can save my current ASP page
to the server side in html file format.

I got a very nice reply back from Scott McNair. Thank
you very much Scott.

This code was provided by Scott:
<%
'DEFINE YOUR FILE/FOLDER STUFF HERE
Dim Folder, File, WebPage
Folder = "E:\HRForms"
File = "test.html"
WebPage = "http://uspa011410/hr/PrintChangeStatus2.asp"

'BUILD YOUR WEBPAGE HERE
Randomize
Write "The current time is: " & Now() & "<br>"
Write "Here's a random number: " & Int(Rnd(1)*500)+1
& ".<br>"
Write "why doesnt this work"

'I like how it boils down to this one line:
Save WebPage

'SUBROUTINES
Sub Write(myText)
'This sub is mainly here to cut down on the
'wear and tear of having to put this junk
'on every single line you want to append
'to the code, and to make sure it's easily
'readable when you view source

WebPage = WebPage & myText & vbcrlf
End Sub

Sub Save(myText)
'Creates the file in the location specified, and
'populates it with whatever is passed to it

Dim FSO, Stream, Overwrite, Unicode
Overwrite = True
Unicode = False
Set FSO = Server.CreateObject
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Stream = FSO.CreateTextFile(Folder & File,
Overwrite, Unicode)
Stream.Write myText
Stream.Close
End Sub

%>

However, I have a pre-developed ASP that contains all the
information I need. As soon as that page loads up I want
that ASP to be saved as a html file.

If Scott or anyone can help me with this, I very much
appreciate it.

Thanks.
LC

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

LC said:
Hi,

Many Weeks ago I posted this:
I would like to know how I can save my current ASP page
to the server side in html file format.

I got a very nice reply back from Scott McNair. Thank
you very much Scott.

However, I have a pre-developed ASP that contains all the
information I need. As soon as that page loads up I want
that ASP to be saved as a html file.

If Scott or anyone can help me with this, I very much
appreciate it.

Create another ASP that uses the technique in the link provided below to
call the ASP you want to save and then write the output to disk.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Unfortunately, there isn't any functionality in ASP like:

sHTML = Response

What you'd have to do instead, as one option, is use something like this,
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173 (first code snippet), but instead or
Response.Writing the .ResponseText, write the ResponseText into a file.

Ray at work