Saving Excel document blows up Infragistics menu in frame

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Amy B, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Amy B

    Amy B Guest

    Hi,

    I've been trying to figure out how to fix this for several days but
    nothing I have done so far seems to work. I have posted this message
    in a Google Excel Programming group, but did not receive any answers.

    I have a web page page that is in a frame with top and side nav bars.
    When I click on my "Export to Excel" button, I have code that pops up
    a "Loading, Please Wait" page while the Excel is being created. When
    the file is created, the "File Download" window appears and the user
    is given the following
    choices: Open, Save, Cancel, and More Info.

    Everything works great with one exception; when the user clicks the
    "Save" button for the Excel file, the Infragistics menu that I am
    using no longer works, unless you click the refresh the page button.
    When you put your mouse over the menu, which normally drops down a
    submenu, I get an "Unspecified error" on the page.

    The "Save" option does not mess up the menu if I view the page out of
    the frame. Also, if the user chooses to Open or Cancel the Excel
    document, the menu still works fine.

    I have compared the html that is rendered both before and after and
    they are exactly the same. Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Amy

    Amy B, Oct 19, 2004

  2. I encountered an odd problem using the Infragistics menu that may, or not,
    help. I was using VBScript in the page to do some Excel document creation. I
    found that adding an empty set of script tags, language=javascript, as the
    first script tags in the HTML document, solved the problem. I guess having
    the VBScipt script tags first5 in the file somehow confused the Infragistics
    ability to insert its own javascript at runtime.

    I now include an empty set of script tags, with just a comment, in the HTML
    whenever I use the Infragistics menu.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Amy B

    Guest Guest

    Hello, I have a similar situation and error. Did you find a solution?

    Thanks for you help in advance.

    User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

    Guest, Feb 25, 2005