Schedule ASP script

Øyvind Isaksen

Hello!

I'm really confused now, I need to schedule a ASP script on my webserver
(win2k3) once a day but nothing works.

First I tried to use the AT commant like this: at 07:00
/every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su "www.mysite.com/script.asp"
I got status = error as result.

Then I tried to make a .vbs script to use with schtasks. This is what the
script looks like:
---------------
Dim IE
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.navigate("www.mysite.com/script.asp")
Set IE = Nothing
------------

When I click on thes .vbs file on my local computer, it works (the
script.asp is executed). But, when I move the .vbs file to my webserver,
nothing happens when I click on it.

Does anyone have a clue how I can run a spesific ASP file once a day on my
webserver??
Thanks for all answers!!!

Gérard Leclercq

You speak of MY WEBSERVER. Do you have right on this server.
So Yes. Google for CRON. This small free applicatie shedule for you every
thing you want. You also can use Win Task manager to start scripts. These 2
last option must be started on the server, not from a distance.

With other words, if you have no rights,i mean the hole server and not only
ftp rights), ask your provider if its possible that he shedule a task for
you. Thats a question of respect and trust. You must understand that when he
start a VBS or EXE, you can do many things on teh server.

Gérard

Øyvind Isaksen

Thanks for your answer!
Yes, I got my own webserver and have all rights.
Do you mean that I shoild install an application called "Cron"? If I install
that, can it run/execute an URL like www.mysite.com/script.asp ?

Regards,
Øyvind Isaksen

Gérard Leclercq

Yes and no
Best transform the ASP to VBS or EXE
then you let execute it with the direct link to it

C:\Innet\wwwroot\Mywebs\MySite\script.vbs or script.exe

You can try with the ASP but i doubt about it.

Gérard