    What can we do about crap like this? Can we clean it up? Or atleast
    flag some for removal.

    Moderators?
    Avi, Apr 9, 2009

  2. Avi wrote:
    > Hey Folks,
    >
    > I love this group and all the awesome and python savvy people who post
    > here. However I also see some dumb posts like 'shoes' or something
    > related to sex :(
    >
    > What can we do about crap like this? Can we clean it up? Or atleast
    > flag some for removal.
    >
    > Moderators?

    FWIW, this newsgroup is mirrored (both ways) as a mailing list. The list
    server runs some pretty effective anti-spam software, and you could
    subscribe to it:

    Matt Nordhoff, Apr 9, 2009

  3. On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:28:38 -0500, Unknown <>

    > And occasionally both. ;)

    I'm still trying to figure out the "nude pokemon" entry...

    What, they pulled the fur off of Meowth and Pikachu? Descaled
    Charmander? Not even Lucario wore clothing, and he was one of the rare
    sentient/telepathic types.

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Apr 10, 2009
  4. Avi

    Aaron Brady Guest

    On Apr 9, 1:28 pm, Grant Edwards <invalid@invalid> wrote:
    > On 2009-04-09, Avi <> wrote:
    >   2. Filter out everything posted from google groups.
    >
    >   3. Read the group via the mailing list (which has much better
    >      filtering). The mailing list is gatewayed by gmane.org if
    >      you prefer web or NNTP access instead of seeing stuff in
    >      your inbox.
    >
    > I rely mostly on option 2.  You loose some non-spam posts, but
    > anybody posting from Google Groups ought not be surprised to be
    > lost among the spam.
    >
    > > Can we clean it up?

    > Not really, no.  Google could, but they refuse.

    What, and part with such a source of revenue?

    </conspiracy theory>
    Aaron Brady, Apr 10, 2009