Scrap Posts

Avi

Hey Folks,

I love this group and all the awesome and python savvy people who post
here. However I also see some dumb posts like 'shoes' or something
related to sex :(

What can we do about crap like this? Can we clean it up? Or atleast
flag some for removal.

Moderators?

Matt Nordhoff

Avi said:
Hey Folks,

I love this group and all the awesome and python savvy people who post
here. However I also see some dumb posts like 'shoes' or something
related to sex :(

What can we do about crap like this? Can we clean it up? Or atleast
flag some for removal.

Moderators?

FWIW, this newsgroup is mirrored (both ways) as a mailing list. The list
server runs some pretty effective anti-spam software, and you could
subscribe to it:

Dennis Lee Bieber

And occasionally both. ;)
I'm still trying to figure out the "nude pokemon" entry...

What, they pulled the fur off of Meowth and Pikachu? Descaled
Charmander? Not even Lucario wore clothing, and he was one of the rare
sentient/telepathic types.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Aaron Brady

  2. Filter out everything posted from google groups.

  3. Read the group via the mailing list (which has much better
     filtering). The mailing list is gatewayed by gmane.org if
     you prefer web or NNTP access instead of seeing stuff in
     your inbox.

I rely mostly on option 2.  You loose some non-spam posts, but
anybody posting from Google Groups ought not be surprised to be
lost among the spam.

Not really, no.  Google could, but they refuse.

What, and part with such a source of revenue?

</conspiracy theory>