    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/Rich/default.aspx )

    Thanks
    , Jan 31, 2006

  2. Patrice Guest

    Yes, and by default you are isolated... (of course you'll need the .NET
    Framwork client side).
    Try http://windowsforms.net/articles/iesourcing.aspx - not sure it's
    recent - unless you can tell which specifc information you are looking for.
    Do you have a problem with the sample shown in this article ?

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 31, 2006

    Thanks for your reply Patrice.
    I couldnt see a sample on that windowsforms.net site but I think its
    the same sample which I found here:
    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx
    (it worked!)
    And I found an other old article here:
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030610.htm
    As far as I understand if the client has .net framework and IE, thats
    enough to run these samples. No need to add the site to "trusted zone"
    or any other security adjustments, right?
    Still I wonder if I can find a proper online website which uses these
    techniques to see the full potential. May be it is just practical for
    intranet applications so this is why there is not much samples on the
    internet.
    , Feb 1, 2006
  4. Patrice Guest

    It depends what the application does. By default you are not allowed of
    course to access local resources (isolated sotrage thought should work and
    ..NET even provide a method that allows to open a file only through user
    interaction allowing really basic file interaction). Beyond you'll need to
    alter the settings...

    For simple controls, you can use HTML. For more complex applications, it's
    likely run only as you said on an intranet. so you'll lkely have a hard time
    to find such a site (except perhaps a dev focused site). Could be an
    interesting "niche" topic.

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Feb 1, 2006