script initialization failed

Raheem

Hello:

We use a customizes version of salesforce.com in our company. The
customization consists of running javascript which are used by users to
generate word documents based on templates.

We are running into problems on certain computers where internet
explorer keeps giving error "script initialization failed" when user
runs the respective script. We have added the site to the trusted zone
and have lowered security in the trusted zone to the lowest level using
custom settings and it still does not work. We have replicated the IE
settings on desktops that work to the problem systems and still we get
this "script initialization failed" error. The IE version of both the
working and non-working systems are IE 6, sp2.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer - just a sys admin trying to figure
this out. I would appreciate any insights on troubleshooting or
debugging this issue. Thanks.

- Raheem