script timeout

Lasse Edsvik

Hello

I have a page that sends emails to about 1500 ppl and it times out
eventhough i have server.scripttimeout = 15000

it doesnt seem to register the number of seconds i've set the script timeout
to.

what to do?

/Lasse

Bob Barrows

Lasse said:
Hello

I have a page that sends emails to about 1500 ppl and it times out
eventhough i have server.scripttimeout = 15000

it doesnt seem to register the number of seconds i've set the script
timeout to.

what to do?

/Lasse

Use a different technology for sending the emails. This does not sound like
a task suited for an asp application.

Bob Barrows

Lasse Edsvik

Bob,

well, i dont think i'm able to learn to code something different
language/technology til tomorrow

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lasse said:
Bob,

well, i dont think i'm able to learn to code something different
language/technology til tomorrow
First, check out this article:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2291

If that does not help, look at this article to see how to convert your asp
files to vbs files:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

Then look at this article to see how to execute the vbs file without
impacting your web site:
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP/Executing_longrunning_tasks_from_ASP_by_Adrian_Forbes/

Bob Barrows