Script to complete web form fields

Feyo

How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
username and password. I'm just tired of it.

I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

ryles

How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
username and password. I'm just tired of it.

I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

See this recent thread for ideas:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/58b7513596ab648c

However, why not take a more direct approach? Speak to management and
see if your company can correct this. It's obviously hindering
productivity, and that's something they may have overlooked. There
should be a more reasonable compromise between efficiency and
security. It's worth a shot.

Diez B. Roggisch

Feyo said:
How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
username and password. I'm just tired of it.

I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

1) hit your sysadmin with a cluestick

2) in case of failure of 1), install greasemonkey to make some
nonsense-action on the page every few seconds.

Diez

Rene Katkowski

See this recent thread for ideas:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...

However, why not take a more direct approach? Speak to management and
see if your company can correct this. It's obviously hindering
productivity, and that's something they may have overlooked. There
should be a more reasonable compromise between efficiency and
security. It's worth a shot.

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a shot.

Rene Katkowski

  1) hit your sysadmin with a cluestick

  2) in case of failure of 1), install greasemonkey to make some
nonsense-action on the page every few seconds.

Diez

Thanks, I'll take a look at greasemonkey. Never used it before.