    I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
    what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
    returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Feyo, Oct 11, 2009

  2. Feyo

    ryles Guest

    On Oct 10, 9:39 pm, Feyo <> wrote:
    > How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
    > work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
    > access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
    > username and password. I'm just tired of it.
    >
    > I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
    > what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
    > returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

    See this recent thread for ideas:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/58b7513596ab648c

    However, why not take a more direct approach? Speak to management and
    see if your company can correct this. It's obviously hindering
    productivity, and that's something they may have overlooked. There
    should be a more reasonable compromise between efficiency and
    security. It's worth a shot.

    ryles, Oct 11, 2009

  3. Feyo schrieb:
    > How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
    > work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
    > access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
    > username and password. I'm just tired of it.
    >
    > I found the ClientForm module and have been working with it. Can do
    > what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
    > returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

    1) hit your sysadmin with a cluestick

    2) in case of failure of 1), install greasemonkey to make some
    nonsense-action on the page every few seconds.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 11, 2009
  4. On Oct 11, 5:11 am, ryles <> wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 9:39 pm, Feyo <> wrote:
    >
    > > How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
    > > work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
    > > access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
    > > username and password. I'm just tired of it.

    > > I found theClientFormmodule and have been working with it. Can do
    > > what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
    > > returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

    > See this recent thread for ideas:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...
    >
    > However, why not take a more direct approach? Speak to management and
    > see if your company can correct this. It's obviously hindering
    > productivity, and that's something they may have overlooked. There
    > should be a more reasonable compromise between efficiency and
    > security. It's worth a shot.

    Thanks for the advice. Will give it a shot.

    Rene Katkowski, Oct 13, 2009
  5. On Oct 11, 9:07 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > Feyo schrieb:
    >
    > > How can I use Python to complete web form fields automatically? My
    > > work web-based email time-out is like 15 seconds. Every time I need to
    > > access my calendar, address book, or email, I have to type in my
    > > username and password. I'm just tired of it.

    > > I found theClientFormmodule and have been working with it. Can do
    > > what I want in a unit testing sense to have responses sent and
    > > returned, but what I want to do is much simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

    >   1) hit your sysadmin with a cluestick
    >
    >   2) in case of failure of 1), install greasemonkey to make some
    > nonsense-action on the page every few seconds.
    >
    > Diez

    Thanks, I'll take a look at greasemonkey. Never used it before.

    Rene Katkowski, Oct 13, 2009