SE promoting affiliates dilemma

Discussion in 'HTML' started by XyZed, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. XyZed

    XyZed Guest

    Is this a proper dilemma or am I imagining it?

    You have a successful site on widgets.
    You find a company who doesn't do well in SE's who repair widget bits.
    You enter into an affiliation with them.
    You then plaster your site with appropriate affiliate links using the
    keywords "repairs widget bits".

    Is it possible for your promotion of them, as a highly successful site
    for the term widgets, to so boost their SERP's that they could start
    beating your own site for the term - and start getting the traffic
    directly instead of through your links?

    --

    Free washing machine help and advice.

    www.washerhelp.co.uk

    www.xyzed.co.uk/newsgroups/top-posting.html
    XyZed, Jun 6, 2006

  2. XyZed

    XyZed Guest

    There is circumstantial evidence that on Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:07:50
    +0100, XyZed <> wrote

    >› Is this a proper dilemma or am I imagining it?
    >›
    >› You have a successful site on widgets.
    >› You find a company who doesn't do well in SE's who repair widget bits.
    >› You enter into an affiliation with them.
    >› You then plaster your site with appropriate affiliate links using the
    >› keywords "repairs widget bits".
    >›
    >› Is it possible for your promotion of them, as a highly successful site
    >› for the term widgets, to so boost their SERP's that they could start
    >› beating your own site for the term - and start getting the traffic
    >› directly instead of through your links?

    Apologies, I meant to post this in alt.internet.search-engines. If
    anyone wants to answer it I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll post it in
    the proper place.

    XyZed, Jun 6, 2006