Search engine for website?

DDK

I am looking to create a better search in C#, Asp.Net and Sql Server 2000.
Is there any books or websites out there that talk about this. I don't need
to search the entire site, just a column in one of the tables in my
database. Currently I am using (for example) Where Column1 LIKE '%' +
@Search + '%'

However, this approach really misses many similiar results, or results that
don't have an 's' on the end of the word, or doesn't find one word when the
user searches with two words.

Any suggestions of books or websites that talk about creating a better
search engine for a site, would be great!

Thanks,
d.

Matthew Trunnell

Use the full-text search feature of SQL server.

WHERE FREETEXT(...)
or
WHERE CONTAINS(field,'Expression')

You first need to set up full-text searching in your
database. In enterprise manager, right-click on a table,
select Full-Text Index Table, and follow the wizard. See
the Sql servers books online for more details.

Matt