Search Web Page Content

Guest

Hi

I have a web app whereby the content for each page is stored in the database

This content is interweaved in html and saved in the Database

As a result when teh user does a search through the app and searches for say <table it brings back everything with teh table tag in the database

Does anyone know if I can only search the text rather than the html and content in my Database

Thanks
C.

Raterus

I would imagine you are going to need a better way to store the data from each page, stripping any tags out of the content. When you fill this database, I'm sure you can go character by character through the content, removing tags, it would be something like this

if nextCharacter = "<" then
'skip all content until you find a ">"
else
'add this character to the final results
end if

It's a start anyway.
--Michael