    combine a lot of files for each module.

    thanx and best regards
    rainer

    Rainer, Apr 23, 2005

  2. First of all, thanks for asking a good and relevant question.
    I do not know of any custom software for this, but perhaps
    it will not be very difficult to make one.

    1. Synopsys provides some type of data base interface.
    I do not recall the name of this and as late as three months
    back it was in beta, I believe. This may be one option that
    you may want to try.

    2. Your next bet after an EDA vendor provided option is
    to use mySQL and write a simple interface to the database.
    Now as it is probably obvious to you at this point, it is not
    the database (or the interface to it) that is critical here - the
    most critical part will be how you define the keywords that
    identify the modules and their functionalities in the most
    concise way.

    HTH.
    - Swapnajit.
    --
    SystemVerilog, DPI, Verilog PLI and all other good stuffs.
    Project VeriPage: http://www.project-veripage.com

    Swapnajit Mittra, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Rainer

    Rainer Guest

    "Swapnajit Mittra" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > First of all, thanks for asking a good and relevant question.
    > I do not know of any custom software for this, but perhaps
    > it will not be very difficult to make one.
    >
    > 1. Synopsys provides some type of data base interface.
    > I do not recall the name of this and as late as three months
    > back it was in beta, I believe. This may be one option that
    > you may want to try.
    >
    > 2. Your next bet after an EDA vendor provided option is
    > to use mySQL and write a simple interface to the database.
    > Now as it is probably obvious to you at this point, it is not
    > the database (or the interface to it) that is critical here - the
    > most critical part will be how you define the keywords that
    > identify the modules and their functionalities in the most
    > concise way.
    >
    > HTH.
    > - Swapnajit.
    > --
    > SystemVerilog, DPI, Verilog PLI and all other good stuffs.
    > Project VeriPage: http://www.project-veripage.com
    > Get information on new articles:

    Thanx for the answer.

    Do you know the name of the synopsys tool ? i found something called
    coreConsultant , but i thing this wasn't what you mean.
    Your suggestion to write a new interface is nice , but it take time
    and cost
    man power. i am searching for an esy to use know how mangement
    software, for perl , vhdl model what ever.
    (http://scriptorium.sourceforge.net/ like this but able to manage more
    than one file )

    "If companies know what they have, thes will save a lot of time during
    the development process ;) "

    Rainer, Apr 25, 2005
  4. After asking around, it seems the name of the tool is DVE
    and it is supposedly the next version of VirSim. It has a
    component that lets you use a data base interface. I would
    presume at this point a Synopsys sales rep is frantically
    looking for your phone number to give you more info.

    Swapnajit Mittra, Apr 26, 2005