Securing ASP.NET Applications

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Kent, Apr 10, 2009.

  1. Brian Kent

    Brian Kent Guest

    Hi guys,

    Two days ago, we put up an article about ASP.NET security- about
    recent
    attacks and other common risks. I was wondering if anyone had
    knowledge of other ASP.NET attacks that compromised data or the
    application. Or have you personally dealt with a security breach and
    would you mind sharing a bit about the experience? (We're thinking
    about writing another article that looks at a few more real
    experiences.) Thanks!

    -------

    The movie “Hackers” (1995) was spot-on (in being ridiculous.) But
    security issues are very real to the companies who have to face the
    fall-out from the compromise of their customer’s privacy.

    This week’s article takes a look at two recent attacks on web
    applications and how they were perpetrated. Then we dive head first
    into a litany of different potential security holes and more
    importantly, how to plug them in ASP.NET.

    Securing ASP.NET Applications
    http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/04/08/Securing-ASPNET-Applications.aspx

    Brian Kent, Apr 10, 2009

  2. On 10 Apr., 21:20, Brian Kent <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Two days ago, we put up an article about ASP.NET security- about
    > recent
    > attacks and other common risks. I was wondering if anyone had
    > knowledge of other ASP.NET attacks that compromised data or the
    > application. Or have you personally dealt with a security breach and
    > would you mind sharing a bit about the experience? (We're thinking
    > about writing another article that looks at a few more real
    > experiences.) Thanks!
    >
    > -------
    >
    > The movie “Hackers” (1995) was spot-on (in being ridiculous.) But
    > security issues are very real to the companies who have to face the
    > fall-out from the compromise of their customer’s privacy.
    >
    > This week’s article takes a look at two recent attacks on web
    > applications and how they were perpetrated. Then we dive head first
    > into a litany of different potential security holes and more
    > importantly, how to plug them in ASP.NET.
    >
    > Securing ASP.NET Applicationshttp://www.novologies.com/post/2009/04/08/Securing-ASPNET-Application...

    You can find a lot in google about how to secure IIS. I think this
    might be mentioned too because some of the "hacks" could be because of
    wrong configuration of IIS.

    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 12, 2009