Security question for a Winforms user control on a web page

Joe

I have a winforms user control that I need to use in our web page. The
control connects to a remoting object.

When I try and make the initial connection I get an error message:

"The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the
security policy. To grant this application the required permission, please
contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework
Configuration tool.

That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers"

I'm not sure what to do here. The assembly is downloaded by IE so I don't
know how to change its' permissions.

Thanks,
Joe

Scott Leonard

Joe

Great links - Thanks!
I already had the APTC attribute but it didn't help. The reason was due to
the remoting. There were a number of other exceptions being thrown also. I
ended up setting my Internet zone to full trust to test it and it worked
fine.

I'm going to read the info in the links which I'm sure will solve my
problem.

Thanks again,
Joe