Seeking Suggestion

Nice Chap

I am a windows programmer with no web experience. I would like to learn
aspnet and I was wondering about the right book. I am looking for something
that teaches me the BASICS like how you access various flds on the form, how
you handle log-in, cookies, and how to send data from the client to the
server and how to handle it in the server and things like that. Can anybody
suggest a basic book please.

I know I can google or yahoo for books but I would like to hear from your
personal experience.

Rob Meade

I know I can google or yahoo for books but I would like to hear from your
personal experience.

Hi,

I have always found the "Sams...Teach Yourself" series of books to be very
useful - normally the "..in 24 hours" ones are good enough to get you
going - they do the "..in 24 days" kinda thing too for more coverage..

I have looked at a couple of the "something for Dummies" books before but
found them not overly helpful with one of them even referencing another "for
dummies" book that might help me further with the subject that I'd bought
that one for! That aside - I guess these would be some of the books *I'd*
start to look at initially..

Then you might wanna reference book - and check out the wealth of website
with examples too - they are usually really helpful - and of course this
group for questions.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rob

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

ASP.NET Unleashed is a decent book. It is one of the better all-around books
on the market.

I know none which are "great" for windows programmers, however. I have some
patterns I use that would be great for Windows Forms programmers moving to
web, but I have yet to see them in a book.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!