seg faults with 1.8.6

aktxyz

I recently upgraded from ruby 1.8.5 to 1.8.6. At first I was using
the prebuilt binaries that come with Ubuntu Gutsy, but now I am using
a built from source version of 1.8.6 p110.

I am seeing seg faults several times a day in my rails applications
(was hoping moving to the latest release would fix it).

Here is the latest...

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/ostruct.rb:74: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-23) [i686-linux]

Aborted

$ ruby --version

This is a big problem for us, any ideas on how to solve it. Note the
seg fault does not always happen in ostruct, although it has happened
there numerous times.

aktxyz

I recently upgraded from ruby 1.8.5 to 1.8.6. At first I was using
the prebuilt binaries that come with Ubuntu Gutsy, but now I am using
a built from source version of 1.8.6 p110.

I am seeing seg faults several times a day in my rails applications
(was hoping moving to the latest release would fix it).

Here is the latest...

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/ostruct.rb:74: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-23) [i686-linux]

Aborted

$ ruby --version

This is a big problem for us, any ideas on how to solve it. Note the
seg fault does not always happen in ostruct, although it has happened
there numerous times.

of course, reproducing this is difficult, it just does not happen
everytime or even that often.