Select statement in vs 2005 c#

James

I have put a select statement in the 'select query' proprty of the sql data source, and I am having trouble retrieving it and displaying it to a textbox.
This is the error message I am getting:
Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'Select' takes '0' arguments
This is the code:

//inserts data into db and displays to grid
SqlDataSource1.Insert();
TextBoxCustNo.Text = "";
TextBoxEmpNo.Text = "";
GridViewOrder.DataBind();

//saves order_no to a variable and displays in txtbx
int var1;
var1 = SqlDataSource1.Select();
TextBoxOrder.Text = var1.ToString();

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_0_0_0_0_0/dotnet-framework-aspnet.htm