SelectedIndexChanged event is not fired

BentleyInc

I've created a Web user control that contains a DropDownList and this
DropDownList gets created and loaded in init() everytime. I set
AutoPostBack=true and registered the event.

I'm using the same user control at 2 different places. When running in the
ASP.NET web form, the DropDownList is working fine and the
SelectedIndexChanged event handler does get called, but when running the
same user control in my Sharepoint Web part page, the event never gets
fired.

Has anyone out there had similar problem (not necessarily to be Sharepoint
related) that SelectedIndexChanged is not firing? Any possible reasons? It
definitely does a post back just the event is not firing.

Thanks in advance.

Jingmei Li
Bentley Systems Inc.