    a small sample of how to do it.

    Thanks
    Kenneth
    Kenneth Keeley, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Kenneth Keeley

    Matt J Guest

    Could you just have an email generated when a ticket is submitted as a
    trigger? Then the user would get an email and some sort of notification
    built into outlook, etc..
    Matt J, Sep 29, 2005

  3. We don't use outlook for our email and we don't wish to have the IT Staff
    Logging into there email on every machine that they are working on. However
    we thought that if we could just send a popup message to the user it would
    not matter where they are, They would at least be notified that a new
    problem has been submitted. They could then choose to check the helpdesk via
    the intranet site so as to deal with the problem in there own time.

    Kenenth

    Kenneth Keeley, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Kenneth Keeley

    Matt J Guest

    I think you would need to have some sort of database watch program that
    would then send some sort of net send message. That would be the only
    way I can think of without programming sort of client / server app
    using java (similar to the livehelpdesk's you can find on the web)
    Matt J, Sep 29, 2005