Send Basic HTTP authentication credential in the first HTTP request

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nacho Nachev, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. Nacho Nachev

    Nacho Nachev Guest

    Hello,

    How can I make the web service proxy class send basic authentication
    information in the HTTP header of the first request?

    My authentication code is here:

    NetworkCredential crd = new NetworkCredential("user1", "welcome1");
    m_echostringsvc.Credentials = crd;
    m_echostringsvc.PreAuthenticate = true;

    Althoufh PreAuthenticate is set to true, no authentication information sent
    in the header of the first HTTP request. The same result appears
    with both the WSE toolkit and the HttpSoapClientProtocol class that comes
    with the .NET FW itselts.

    Thank you for your time!

    Nacho

    Nacho Nachev, Sep 2, 2004

  2. For details on how to get this to work, look at
    http://weblogs.asp.net/feroze_daud/archive/2004/07/12/180856.aspx

    feroze
    this posting is provided as-is

    Feroze [msft], Sep 2, 2004