send email

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dune, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Dune

    Dune Guest

    Hi there,

    I've got an asp page that uses CDO.Message and
    CDO.Configuration to send an email.

    I'm not receiving any of these emails normally (i.e. in
    Outlook), instead they all end up in this folder :
    Inetpub/Mailroot/Queue.

    Could someone please explain what this means? Does this
    mean the emails have been successfully sent?...or are they
    waiting to be sent?

    I'm pretty sure my smtpserver name is correct because i've
    got the same thing going in .NET and it all works ok there
    (as in I get an email thru Outlook). Just can't seem to
    get it going in ASP.

    Not sure if it this relevant...I'm behind a firewall, so
    i'm assuming the smtpserver name is for a smart host,
    which is fine in .NET, but i'm not sure how that'll work
    out in ASP (eg. what do i set the serverport number to?)

    Confused!

    Dune, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Dune

    dev Guest