Sending an email from within ASP

Nathan Sokalski

I have a form which will be processed by being sent to an ASP page. I would
like the ASP page to take the data from the Request.QueryString (which I
know how to do) and format it so I can have it emailed to me in a nicer
format. My problem is that I do not know how to have ASP send an email. I
know how to send an email using the mailto: protocol by making it look
something like the following:

MAILTO:[email protected]?SUBJECT=mysubject?MESSAGE=mymessage

However, this will usually take the user to their default email client and
ask them to send an email by putting the specified subject and message in
for them, but wait for them to do any desired editing and click their send
button. I simply want the email to be sent straight from ASP. Is this
possible?

Nathan Sokalski

Those are great websites, and I understood everything for the CDO.Message
object, but I had some trouble with the CDO.Configuration object, which
looks like it is necessary for the CDO.Message object to work. What exactly
am I supposed to put for the different Item values? Do you know of any
websites that give more detail about the CDO.Configuration object? Thank
You.