Sending Compressed Data To WebServer

ojikay

I know How To
Retriev Data from Web Services using Standard HTTP 1.1 Compression
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/90D3B3E0-6544-4594-B3BA-E41D8F381324.dcik

But i To send to the WebServer Compressed request
(Large Dataset as a param)
How to i tell the WebServer that the webrequest is Compressed
and he needs to DeCompressed

I can send the dataset it self as a compress stream and decompress it on web server
but i prefer all of the webrequest would be Compressed

thnx :)

Dan Rogers

Hi,

If I understand what you are asking, you are trying to use the kind of gzip
compression that is available from an HTTP request, but use it from a web
service proxy that is a part of normal ASP.net programming stack (e.g. the
add-web-reference proxy). Today, I do not believe that HTTP/gzip
compression is supported by the ASP.net stack, so unless you are going to
do a custom compression of a partial payload, which converts it to binary,
for instance, and then encapsulate that as a DIME attachment to get a
customized implementation of compressed requests, you won't be able to do
this directly on top of the ASP.net stack.

I know that some very enterprising individuals have been experimenting on
SOAP implementations that recognize the standard HTTP compression
protocols, but these are not supported by the ASP.net tools today.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation