Sending Email with SMTP Virtual Server

madfisher

Hi,

I am trying to send email via a ASP .NET page using the local SMTP
virtual server. My mail items go in the Queue but do not get sent out.
Can this be done this way, or do I need a true email server to send
email?

Any help is appreciated.

Marcus de Leon

George Ter-Saakov

Assuming you are talking about SMTP server installed with Windows.

If your mail got into Queue folder then your program works correctly.

Most likely you have one or more of the following problems with SMTP server.

1. Smtp service stopped
2. The Smtp server can not access the destination email server. Usually in
cases of misspells. Check event log. You will see something there if that
is the case.
3. Firewall or you provider does not allow outgoing traffic on port 25. Use
Telnet to try to manually connect to the server using port 25. Ex: telnet
extserver.com:25

George