sending german text in an email from a webpage

Irishmaninusa

Hello Everyone,

I have email form on a website and there is some fields that have german
characters in it, like the umlat and so on, when I look at the email that is
retuyrned I get the following message

Form Name: E-Mail/Fax-Formular für den ValuePark

========== Other Data: ==========

submitButtonName: Absenden

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening. Thanks.

Bã§TãRÐ

Try something like this:

<%

'to move the URL safely:
server.URLEncode("URL") will encode all non standard characters into their ASCII equilivalent
to display it properly in the browder you can just response.write URL - ASP will handle the decoding.

if your email is sent via jaut plain text you will need to look into the Mime type
its usually text/plain or in your case it should be text/html and you will need to look into Encoding - This is the header info that tells the Email
program how to display the content it is receiving. You''ll need to look into the German Charset and its Encoding Equilavent - Similar to example below

- Bastard

%>