Sending mail to Hotmail users from .NET

Nick Gilbert

Hi,

If I e-mail a message with certain text to my Hotmail account, it goes
into the Inbox. If I send an almost identical message from ASP.NET, it
ends up in the Junk folder. How can I stop this happening?

My website users are complaining that they don't receive their
activation keys, but it seems they're just going into the Junk folder
even though they're not junk.

Are there any special tricks or general good behaviour guidelines
required to send mail to Hotmail users without it thinking the messages
are junk?

Thanks,

Nick...

Mark Rae

If I e-mail a message with certain text to my Hotmail account, it goes
into the Inbox. If I send an almost identical message from ASP.NET, it
ends up in the Junk folder. How can I stop this happening?

What does "almost identical" mean? How do the emails differ...?
My website users are complaining that they don't receive their activation
keys, but it seems they're just going into the Junk folder even though
they're not junk.

Are there any special tricks or general good behaviour guidelines required
to send mail to Hotmail users without it thinking the messages are junk?

Presumably, the messages sent from ASP.NET don't appear to be *from* you...?
Send one to yourself and examine the headers...

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nick,

I think the "amost identical" you mentioned means the content are
identical, yes? I agree with Mark that you can try checking the mesage
headers of the email(let is send to one of your mail address) to see
whether there are any significant difference.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead