SendKeys not working in command line interface

Dhruv

hi everyone. I am fairly new to python. When I go to IDLE GUI for
python 2.6 and type:

it works fine. however when I write the same code using jEdit and run
it in command line, it does not give error but it doesn't run either.
Same problem if I start the command line shell of python 2.6 instead
of its IDLE Gui

Any suggestions/solutions?
Thanks in advance.