sensitivity list confusion

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by traxx84, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. traxx84

    traxx84

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hi all....i am student learning the VHDL coding this semester.....recently i found that the process statement with its sensitivity list does not work the way it is said in the text book.....although i never insert a particular signal into the sensitivity list....the output is changes whenever the particular signal changes value...... for example

    -- h
    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
    use IEEE.std_logic_arith.all;

    entity h is
    port (
    d : out STD_LOGIC;
    c : in STD_LOGIC;
    a : in STD_LOGIC;
    b : in STD_LOGIC
    );
    end h;

    architecture h_arch of h is
    begin
    process(a)
    begin

    d<=a and b and c;

    end h_arch;

    the d value changes each time the value of either b or c changes although i mantain the value of a...

    Can anybody help me in this problem???

    Thanx!!!!!!!:):-?

    traxx84, Sep 25, 2006

  2. traxx84

    eesuperstar

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    solved?

    I know this is super old but was this ever solved?

    eesuperstar, Nov 14, 2012