SEO Friendly URLS

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Benny, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Benny

    Benny Guest

    Benny, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Benny

    McKirahan Guest

    "Benny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there any way I can make SEO friendly URLs? Unlike
    > www.mydomains.com/product.asp?product_id=20&cat_id=3
    > I wish to have something like
    > www.mydomains.com/products/mens/shoes/leather/
    >
    > Is this possible in ASP with some sort of IIS settings?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Benny

    You can use
    www.mydomains.com/products/mens/shoes/leather/
    if you don't mind creating the subfolders
    /products
    /products/mens/
    /products/mens/shoes/
    /products/mens/shoes/leather/

    An alternative would be to use something like
    www.mydomains.com?products_mens_shoes_leather
    and have a lookup table that resolves it to
    product_id=20
    cat_id=3
    McKirahan, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Benny wrote:
    > Is there any way I can make SEO friendly URLs? Unlike
    > www.mydomains.com/product.asp?product_id=20&cat_id=3
    > I wish to have something like
    > www.mydomains.com/products/mens/shoes/leather/
    >
    > Is this possible in ASP with some sort of IIS settings?

    Not settings, but you can use a custom 404 handler and parse the URL.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Nov 30, 2005